WeddingHappy is a brand new wedding planning app for your iPhone or iPad, developed and maintained by Liz and Eric, two software engineers. These offbeat sponsors saw a need for this app while planning their own wedding. (I love when awesome people create awesome products to help other awesome people, don't you?)
Basically, WeddingHappy helps you manage your wedding from your handy and (if you're like me) ever-present iPhone, keeps you organized, AND it even keeps your family, friends, and wedding party members up-to-date on the latest wedding happenings.
Keep reading to find out more about the robot wedding planner of the future that fits in your pocket.
WeddingHappy is super easy to use and it's not overly frou-frou like most wedding-related helpers (no muted pinks or wedding bell icons!). It's also fully customizable so you user can add, delete, update all the tasks and vendors and contacts in the truly special way that only offbeat brides can. Check out all these features:
- Customizable task list: A completely customizable list of common tasks is generated based on your wedding date. If you don't need a task, just swipe and delete. Want to add every detail of your crazy offbeat shindig? Not seeing the option for “audition Elvis impersonators” or “paintball party with bridesmaids?” Add 'em all! It's just one tap to add a new task. Easy.
- Vendor lists: Add, delete, or edit any vendor information, and associate tasks to particular vendors.
- iCalendar, Facebook, and Twitter integration: Add tasks to your iCalendar to create an alert reminder, and then easily share what you need with friends and family on Facebook, Twitter, or email.
- Dashboard status overview: Easy to understand high level overview of your planning. View the last completed task and then move on to the next task quickly to keep your planning on track.
- Feel like you're kicking ass: “Unlock” achievements and earn “extra points” for completing tasks for your wedding day! Turning planning into a game could be the ONLY way some of you won't go nuts-o.
As an added bonus, no network connection is needed for most functions, which means even if you're scouting out wedding ceremony sights in the middle of nowhere, with no cell reception, you can still update your WeddingHappy app.