Y'all see this roundup of doggy formal wear yesterday? We're topping it! Michaela and Jeremy comprise the gorgeous pair we're seeing in these photos from their Old Hollywood-inspired Prague wedding bedecked in sequins and glamour. But I know what you're thinking: WHO ARE THE PUPPIES? When you see their feathered dresses and adorable suits, that's an understandable question. This couple rocked a wedding party comprised of three puppers (and nine human companions, too).
We heard about it through the voice of Montecristo, the tan and white pooch, who joined the two chihuahuas, Oliver and Chloe, in their wedding party duties. Montecristo's biped parents are also in the wedding party, natch!
Here's a little of what Montecristo himself had to say about the experience of being in a wedding party as a dog (via owner Sonja):
If you think that the logistics of adding three dogs to a wedding wasn’t enough (like promising that our paws would not touch the ancient Mirror Chapel floor even though high heels were okay *eye roll*), we had our own wedding party attire to organize! The men were in timeless pale grey suits and thus Oliver and I as male dogs, had our own mini replica suits made. Complete with purple bow tie, pocket squares, and cufflinks for our shirts. Chloe got to be a perfect in an exquisite grey feather tutu dress.
We had rehearsed the night before so everyone knew what to do. It went off like clockwork. I was very excited when it was our turn to walk down the aisle ahead of the bride. It was Dad on one side with me, then the ladies in the centre (Mom and Chloe), and the groom’s brother with Oliver on the other side. I think we made quite and entrance and caused quite a stir. I think even though people knew we dogs would be there, no one expected we would look this good.
HA! If you have a pet, you already know they're family. Here are the dapper pups in all their bow-tied and tutu-ed glory…
- Wedding Agency: Prague Weddings, coordinators Magda Bruckova and Veronika Hong
- Venues in Prague, Czech Republic: Klementinum Mirror Chapel (for ceremony), The National Library of the Czech Republic (for photos), Grand Hotel Bohemia – Boccaccio Ballroom (reception)
- Photographer: Hana Connor, Connor Weddings
- Videographer: Jan Brzak, Whitelife (short video)
- Hair/Makeup: Martina Bartošková – Jägr
- Flower and Decor: Mgr. Veronika Kutnarova, Frezia Fleur Weddings
- Catering: Grand Hotel Bohemia
- Cake: Anna Magdalena
- Bride's dress: Casablanca Bridal – Sea Breeze Collection Style 2201 purchased at White Swan Bridal Boutique
- Groom's tux: Black by Vera Wang
- Music: Melody Quartett
- Historic Tram Ride: The Prague Public Transit Company
- Wedding party dog: “Montecristo” courtesy of Monte Cristo Travels