Wedding hashtags: they're not just for hipsters. Having your own hashtag is one of the easiest ways to not only collect extra photos from your guests, but also to share your event with people who have to be MIA on your wedding day.
There are some really great wedding hashtag services out there — we especially love THE WEDDING HASHERS, who've written thousands and thousands of wedding hashtags for folks. They make it super easy:
You take 2 minutes to give them some basic info about you and your fiancé, and then their network of creative minds will write you personalized hashtags. You get their best hashtag options in your inbox within ONE business day. I mean, that's pretty great. You can check out some of their super-clever hashtags they've created over here.
Be warned: Choosing the right hashtag is mega important. I have friends who blended their initials to create a special hashtag… only to find out that the hashtag they'd chosen was actually already a very popular! All their wedding photos got lost in a sea of photos and videos of strangers. Oops.
Or maybe you wanted to use your last names, but people have a hard time remembering how to spell it? Now you have photos spread out over #SmithFindleywedding and #SmithFindlaywedding or that one guy who kept using #FindlaySmithwedding (what was his deal!?).
Yes, you can put reminders of the hashtag in strategic places to help with spelling errors. But you also need to first find that perfect, unused, easy-to-remember wedding hashtag.
Again, we're a big fan of THE WEDDING HASHERS, but for those of you who want to take your chances in the comments section, we can see what we can do!
Here are a few of our favorites that our readers have come up with:
- My new last name is Handley, which sounds (a little bit) like Happily – so we went classic, romantic with our hashtag and chose #HandleyEverAfter
- I'm going to be a Howe, so ours is #HoweSweetItIs
- Last name Pham: #wearePhamily
- For last name Gidrey: #GidreyUp
- New last name Grey: #isupportgreymarriage
- Last name Wiener: #WienerTakesAll
- My name is Annelise and my last name is my fiance's name is Alex: #bringyourAgame
- Last name Wilk: #WilkYouMarryMe
- Last name Pitts: #newPittsontheblock
- Last name Whiteley: #NiceDayForAWhiteleyWedding
- Brittany & Aaron: #Brittron
- I'm the Holsinger and he's the Webster: #theWebbingSinger
- Last name Blake: #takestheblake
…but that's just the tip of the iceberg!
VERY IMPORTANT: Remember that hashtags don't HAVE to be about last names!
Try playing with the name of your venue, your wedding theme, your wedding date, your first names squished together, the time of year of your wedding, shared interests, or just good puns. One of our favorite wedding hashtags we saw recently was #weddingthebed. HA!
So, guys, what awesome wedding hashtags did you think up? Let's generate our own hashtags!