When their original venue canceled due to COVID-19 restrictions, Lerin and Brian were left scrambling to look for a reception for their train wedding. Then, the Red Caboose Motel stepped up and offered the couple train cars to get ready in, and a large tent for their reception.
The guests all boarded the train (which is the oldest continuously running train in America) with the groom in the front car and the bride in the back.
After a short train ride to Paradise, PA, the bride walked down the “aisle”… meaning she walked from the back of the train, up through each car, to the front of the train.
Guests all deboarded to watch the ceremony at the front of the train.
Then everyone took the train back to the station for couple’s portrait shoot, before heading to the Red Caboose Motel for their BBQ reception… which included a geode wedding cake!
The train, hotel and couple did a super job of keeping everyone as COVID-safe as possible.
As L’erin explains:
Brian had planned to propose to me at his family’s vacation home in the Thousand Islands, right near the water. I was so confused why he rushed me down to the water the second we got there, but I went along with it. Then he got down on one knee and asked me, “Will you ride all the trains with me?” Being the lady that I am, I responded with, “Choo CHOO motherfucker.”
See all the photos from this vintage train wedding in this gallery
- Ceremony: Strasburg Railroad https://www.strasburgrailroad.
- Reception: Red Caboose Motel https://redcaboosemotel.com/
- Cake: Simply Sherry https://www.facebook.com/
- Food: Hess BBQ and Catering https://www.hessbbq.com/
- Officiant: Sealed with a kiss https://
- Makeup: Makeup by Roxy https://www.makeupbyroxy.com/
- Dress: Agnes Edmunds http://www.agnesedmunds.com/
- Bartender: Catered Cocktails https://catered-cocktails.com/
- Tent/table rentals: Ace the Party Place https://www.acethepartyplace.
- Flowers: Kelly’s Flowers https://kellysflorist.com/
- Decor: All made by the bride and her family