We are eloping and plan to send out our wedding announcement with a mix CD with tribute songs to those with whom we are close. We both have sisters and are hoping to find an appropriate song for them.
Any offbeat suggestions for sibling wedding songs?
I went on a hunt for less trite sibling wedding songs and definitely ran into some. Although in some cases, those sappy songs are actually kind of perfect? For instance, I LOVE “When We Grow Up” even those it's schmaltzy as hell. Give me that Michael Jackson version any day. This list focuses a lot on songs that are either about siblings or long-time friendship, which is often the basis of wanting to celebrate a sibling relationship. Hopefully there's a non-cheesy one here to snag.
Otherwise, fellow readers: what offbeat or unique sibling weddings songs for brothers and sisters can you recommend? Theses would also be great for friend dances, too!
- “We Are Going to Be Friends” by The White Stripes
- “Stand By Me” by Ben E. King
- “You’re My Best Friend” by Queen
- “Sister” by Dave Matthews Band
- “Landslide” by Fleetwood Mac
- “Do You Realize??” by Flaming Lips
- “Come Dancing” The Kinks
- “Oh, Sister” by Bob Dylan
- “Lean on Me” by Bill Wilthers
- “Sister” by Nixons
- “It Don't Have to Change” by John Legend
- “Orange Sky” by Alexi Murdoch
- “You've Got A Friend In Me” by Randy Newman
- “I'll Be There” by Jackson 5
- “We Are Family” by Sister Sledge
- “Brothers & Sisters” by Coldplay
- “In My Life” by The Beatles
- “He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother” by The Hollies
- “When We Grow Up” by Diana Ross (or the Michael Jackson/Roberta Flack version!)
- “Martha” by Rufus Wainwright
More wedding playlists: