Hey there! It's Megan, your friendly Managing Editor. I'm stepping in and switching up the format of our long-beloved Monday Montage, re-framing it as our weekly “reader roundup.” We'll talk more about that at the end. Right now, let's get to your photos!
Last week we saw Hayley's attendants in serious rainbow fashions, now here's her husband's crew. I loved Ariel's comment on this photo: “I want to move into this picture and never leave ever again.”
You know, I kind of felt that way about ALL the photos y'all uploaded to our Flickr pool this week! Let's see who we're moving in with in this reader photo roundup…
I want to move to wherever this candy bar lives! Grant and Sam had a retro wedding complete with this “retro wedding sweety buffet” featuring old-school sweets from their childhood… and Mr & Mrs Potato Head!
Well, isn't this the geek girl-iest bunch of wedding accoutrements you've ever seen? These are Flickr member TrendSetterMom's shoes, flowers, garters, Star Wars-themed program and hand-made ring boxes, one of which looks like it's branded with the Galactic Republic symbol!
Thankfully I got De Nueva Photography to explain this daredevil wedding photo:
After climbing up the ladder to the Star Wars theme, they said their vows and then they jumped off a 30 foot platform into a huge blue air cushion to literally take the leap together! There's a stunt studio workshop thing in Brooklyn that arranged the whole thing.
And yes, we're hoping they submit their wedding ASAP!
- Mountainside Bride has great visual tips on how to dress up a barn for a wedding — smart shit.
- Historian and hairstylist Janet Stephens schools us on historically-accurate hair styles. (Hat tip to Tribesmaid sodalimebitters.)
- On Offbeat Home & Life we have our resident Oprah, Dootsiebug, talking about being a masturbation ninja!
- Over on Offbeat Families, this DIY My Little Pony plushie tutorial will blow your mind.
- Oh, and on the Offbeat Empire business blog check out the best copyeditor fail of all time that we caught before publishing one of your wedding profiles.
So, what would y'all like to see more or less of each week in our Reader Roundup? I know that we want to see more of YOU! So, submit your photos to the Offbeat Bride Flickr Pool. (Oh, and don't forget to credit your photographer!)