Hi Ariel! I absolutely love your hair in your wedding photos. The ribbons are fabulous!
While I wouldn't do the exact same thing, I would love something with the ribbons or something like it. I don't even know where to begin looking for either someone to do my hair for me or how I might possible do it myself.
Do you have any suggestions? — Alicia
Hey, Alicia — it's super easy to do your hair yourself if you go for a ribbon veil/pony falls like I did.
I had two pairs of falls, which were essentially just big elastic hair-ties with organza ribbon, yarn, and strips of fabric tied on to them. Seriously, that's all they were.
They're super easy to make:
- Get some big thick hair ties
- Buy some nice ribbon
- Tie the ribbon onto the ties.
As for how to attach them, that's a bit more complicated — but not much.
For my falls, one set was shorter (18 inches or so) and one was longer (close to 30 inches, maybe?). Here's how I attached em:
- I put my hair into two high buns.
- I secured the longer falls by putting the rubber band around the base of the buns, letting the ribbons hang down my back
- I secured the short falls onto my buns the same way, and then wrapped the falls around my buns to make big huge buns.
- I did a little bit of criss-crossing and tying to make sure things were secure.
This video gives you some clues:
If you play around and practice at home, you'll figure out how to do it pretty quickly — I think it took about 15 minutes for me to affix my ribbon falls for my wedding.