I had a lot of trouble holding back on posting entire weddings from this week's entries in the Offbeat Flickr Pool. There was a lot to gush over, but I kept control… mostly.
I have a crush on these two cuties. Look at their vintage-style cake, the bride's fabulous shrug, her hair(!!), the bowie knife! And it looks like the groom is going to taze the key lime tarts. I know he's not, but I'm going with it anyway.
Kat and Shaun got the red sky sunset they were hoping for, right in the middle of their ceremony. There's a lot going on here outside of that though. Wings, corsets, horns… a laptop?
Speaking of a lot going on… I officially demand that Morgan and Ryan submit a profile. And… GO. …Did you do it yet? How about now?
Christina and her groom were so tired by the time this photo happened, they shut their eyes. Shh, let's move on while they nap.
Avast me ‘arties, it be TALK LIKE A PIRATE DAY! Here are a few scurvy pirate shots to get you in the spirit. This be just a wee pirate-in-training at Jessica and Scott's wedding. But he's already earned his hook, so beware.
Yaarrgh, it's the Clicky Links:
- What we've pinned this week: a Harry Potter howler, a sweet Totoro wedding cake, and rainbow cake ice cream cones.
- Offbeat Home offers us some geekery in their directory and some tips for party throwing without going nuts.
- Ever thought of releasing butterflies during your ceremony? If so, watch this cautionary video tale of a man nearly devoured by a butterfly (or adorably lightly touched). Don't fret, no grooms were harmed.
- In case you have family serving in the military (or serve yourself), check out this awesome photo set of a soldier coming home to his fam from Offbeat Mama.
- Instructables teaches us how to make cauldron place card holders!
- Tutorializer has some pretty swell guestbook ideas in poster form.
- Luzdiamonds shows us how a pirate wedding can be done. The officiant is classic. Best part starts at 4:00.
Hey, photographers! I love you and do my best to attribute all Monday Montage photos, but sometimes brides don't include your info when they submit photos. If I've featured your work but it isn't properly credited, email me!