Ladies and gentlemen, children of all ages: step right up and explore the nouveau cirque from the Offbeat Bride Flickr pool. Carnivals and circuses are where acrobats fly and clowns
frighten mesmerize. We're taking the circus to the next level in this Monday Montage.
Roxalana's two flower girls look like they're in a fashion shoot on the carousel. She says, “I think they went on it about five times. Not sure they've been to any other weddings and I wonder if they will expect ice cream and all the rest in the future.” Oh honey, don't tell them.
Dana and James tied the knot with a tattoo theme and had this rad strongman cut-out…with tattoos, natch.
This shot is taken at the Texas State Fair for the couple's anniversary. It was even Photobomb-worthy. It's adorable, but I'm pretty sure that groom is a vampire from the looks of it.
This bride gets down in her vintage circus-style dressing room. She also had this super charming painting hanging at their ceremony and reception and it was used as the cover art for their CD favors.
Cass and her groom wore this through the entire reception. No foolin'. Okay, I'm foolin'.
Jessica and Eric DIYed themselves a kick-ass cupcake table. It's made of cardboard, tissue paper, and magic. Real live magic.
The Stilt Circus keep guests going nuts at Sue and Kevin's wedding. These people are legit.
The entertainers from Gooferman, purveyors of “clown-fi,” perform at the same wedding as the photo above. Heartburn's a bitch.
This week's Clicky Links:
- This DIY rainbow wedding looks completely unreal. It's colorful candy for the soul. Fan-bloody-tastic.
- This is a quality wedding proposal. It hits you in the gut when it all comes together. (Thanks, Maureen.)
- And since we're on the subject, get a load of this choice wall mural proposal video. They tagged my heart with “love.”
- Are you marrying someone in the military? Check out this interesting perspective from an offbeat military wife.
- Is this wedding shawl not the most delicate, most light and airy thing you've ever seen? Kristin at Craft Leftovers is making it in three shades of blue silky alpaca lace!
- Don't have a something blue yet? How about some sparkly “I DO” appliques for your shoes?
- These wedding favor cookies look too purty to eat. But I would make an exception.
- A big woot for my home state of Illinois who just became the sixth state to grant civil unions allowing the same benefits as married couples. We look forward to it joining the five states plus Washington D.C. who allow same sex marriage. Keep that momentum going!
Hey, photographers! I love you and do my best to attribute all Monday Montage photos, but sometimes brides don't include your info when they submit photos. If I've featured your work but it isn't properly credited, email me!