Luke, of Muppet wedding fame, did all of us (plus the entire internets?) a favor by giving us a tutorial on how he made his amazing lightsaber cake cutter. Here is the four-step hack for turning a Crate & Barrel cake knife into a lightsaber cake knife.
The cake cutter was totally easy. (If it weren't I would not have been able to handle it.) Here's how:
Buy a cake cutting set. You'll want a set with plastic handles, like this:
Hacksaw the handle off the cake cutter. This takes a little elbow grease.
Epoxy the blade to the tip of the saber. Again, the more recessed the saber tip style, the easier to glue, and more sturdy the final cutter.
More nerdy Star Wars wedding fun:
- To see more from the wedding that birthed the lightsaber cake knife, head over here.
- Speaking of Star Wars-themed cakes: Han Solo frozen in (carbon)icing!?
- What do sentient fur-covered bipeds, native to the moon of Endor, have to do with weddings? These Ewok invitations!
- You can't deny that The Force is strong with this wedding.
- Or would you rather just see all our Star Wars weddings?