If you'll be having a friend of family member officiate your wedding (like I will be later this year!), you'll definitely want to get introduced to American Marriage Ministries (AMM). We've been partners with them for years and years and they're always our go-to when someone needs to get officiated online. Your officiant will be legally ordained, it's open to everyone, and it's SO easy. Plus, Steven Colbert turned to them when he needed to officiate a wedding, so you know it's Colbert-approved.
There's a new reason we wanted to give them some love: they've got a VIP way to “propose” to your wedding officiant, just like you might with your wedding party! You snag the kit (or have it sent to them) and they get a really fun way to be asked to be your officiant. Inside they'll find an easy way to get ordained, super comprehensive resources for crafting the ceremony, and even some chic swag to make them look as official as they are.
The “Will You Marry Us” gift package
American Marriage Ministries is launching a new ordination package, called “Will You Marry Us?” that couples can purchase as a gift for a friend or family member who will be officiating their wedding. Building on the tradition of gifts for bridesmaids and groomsmen, the “Will You Marry Us?” gift package allows couples to share the excitement and honor with their officiant.
Asking friends and family to be bridesmaids and groomsmen is a huge part of the wedding experience, yet couples often forget that their officiant plays just as important a role in their wedding day and ceremony. Now, there’s a way to show their appreciation, with the “Will You Marry Us,” gift package.
Priced at just $95, this package includes the most robust ordination available, full credentials and documentation, training and writing tools, and everything else required to create the wedding ceremony of a lifetime.
By gifting the “Will You Marry Us,” gift package, couples empower their officiant to deliver a ceremony that people will be talking about for years to come.
Here’s how it works in three easy steps:
- The couple goes to theamm.org and purchases their “Will You Marry Us” Gift Package, which is shipped to them. Then they give it to their officiant (AMM can also send it directly to the officiant if that’s easier).
- The officiant gets ordained online through theamm.org and enters his or her unique code that is included in the package. AMM sends the officiant their ordination documents, along with all required legal forms and instructions.
- The officiant and couple can then use the tools and instructions included in the “Will You Marry Us” gift package to prepare and deliver a memorable and legal wedding ceremony anywhere in the USA.
I'm super psyched to send this to my BFF officiant who lives a couple of states away. I think he'll be blown away by the prestige of it all.
What's in the package?
Credentials and Officiant Licensing Materials
- 1 copy of the AMM Minister’s Manual
- 1 Ordination Certificate
- 1 Letter of Good Standing
- 1 certificate holder
- Minister Licensing Instructions (where applicable)
- Minister Licensing Application Materials (where applicable)
Wedding Ceremony Materials
- 1 embroidered AMM satin wedding officiant stole
- 1 copy of Asked to Officiate, Ceremony Writing and Delivery Guide
- 1 screen-printed canvas AMM minister’s tote bag
- 1 embossed AMM minister’s pin, struck from jeweler's metal
- 2 AMM embossed gold Presidential™ Custom Pens
AMM has a lot of other fun items to gift your officiant, but this package deal brings the total cost down to half of their value separately. The package costs $95 and can be purchased from their store.
It's just one small way you can make sure your friend officiant feels and looks extra official and like a really important member of your wedding party — which they are! Plus, if they end up wearing the cool stole, we want to see it!