So you want to quirk the crap out of your shoes somehow? Make them stand out and draw the eye? Nothing draws the eye (and tickles the funny bone) quite like googly eyes. Let your shoe freak flag fly with a pair of googly eye shoes.
Here's how to easily DIY your own pair of googly eye shoes to keep all eyes on your shoes (and all eyes on your guests!)…
What you'll need for googly eye shoes:
- A pair of shoes (any kind will do as long as they have a top cap of some time)
- Self-sticking googly eyes in 40mm or 50mm size (or whatever size works on your shoes)
- Optional glue or shoe clip base to secure the eyes
How to make them:
- If you don't plan on dancing the night away, adhere the googly eyes with the self-sticking adhesive to the toes of your shoes and you're done!
- If you plan on wearing the shoes for many hours or being more rough with them, a stronger glue or a shoe clip may help. Glue the eyes to the shoe clip and you'll be able to remove them whenever you like. Or add them to your shoes at the reception instead.
- The adhesive on the googly eyes isn't that strong, so it should come right off on smoother materials like leather and fake leather. Take caution with suede or cloth material.
Would you rock googly eye shoes for a little quirky shoe goodness (or maybe for your wedding party?