Forgot to pack your steamer when you got to your venue? Having a destination wedding with no steamer or dry cleaner in sight? It's time to harness the power of a shower to nip the wrinkles in the bud. Here's our favorite dress hack to get rid of wedding dress wrinkles without a steamer.
- Find a bathroom with a shower at your hotel (or in someone's house, if necessary).
- Close all windows and turn off any fans and hang your dress high up off the floor.
- Run a very hot shower and close the door to the bathroom.
- After about 10 minutes, take the dress out of the bag and hang it securely in the bathroom off the floor and away from walls. Make sure it won't fall on the floor.
- Cover the floor with clean towels just in case.
- Leave the dress in the closed bathroom for about 20 minutes to let the steam de-wrinkle the dress for you.
- Wrap your arm in a clean, white towel and run it down the length of the dress to smooth out the wrinkles.
- Carefully hang the dress up in your room out of its bag to release the wrinkles further.
All that said, the best tip is this: most people won't notice the wrinkles anyway, so if you're still a little rumpled in areas, don't sweat it. Get married, dance, HAVE FUN anyway.
What tips do you have for de-wrinkling a wedding dress?