The first dance is something I'm particularly excited about, but here is the issue — the groom only knows how to waltz in 3/4 time.
So here's the deal… I'd like to know your favorite modern songs in 3/4 time — i.e., Waltzin' Songs.
My groom and I would like something sweet and peppy, and not too “classic.” Got any ideas?
This question is near and dear to my heart, because that guy I married and I wanted to do a waltz for our first dance. Only… we couldn't agree on which modern waltz song to use!
So here are a few of our favorite modern waltz choices:
- “Here We Go” by Jon Brion — This was my tippy-top choice for a first dance song.
- “Rainbow Connection” by Kermit the Frog
- “Dark Waltz” by Haley Westenra
- “Gravity” by John Mayer
- The Edward Scissorhands theme, by Danny Elfman
- “If I Knew Then” by Lady Antebellum
- “You And Me,” by Lifehouse
- “Never Tear Us Apart,” by INXS
- “Neville's Waltz” from Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, by Patrick Doyle
- “Come Away With Me.” by Nora Jones
- “First And Last Waltz” by Nickel Creek
Your turn! What are your favorite modern waltzes?