Thanks to Bed Bath & Beyond for sponsoring this post. All opinions and content here are my own.
As some of you might know, I'm engaged and getting married this year. And when you're planning a wedding, a wedding registry is always a necessity. You know you'll be getting gifts anyway, so they may as well be something you hand select, right? I had been floundering trying to figure out where to register. Knowing that Bed Bath and Beyond is the number one wedding registry retailer and had gifts I both needed and wanted, I knew I had to register there.
I also know that they have the best selection of household staples, but we were especially excited to find out if they also have fun, offbeat-friendly gifts that my partner and I both really dig. We decided to bite the bullet and find out for ourselves. Here's how our wedding registry adventure into Bed Bath and Beyond went…
Starting off the process
One huge perk of registering with Bed Bath & Beyond is that you get your very own personal consultant. That means that while you can register both online and in-store, you have the option of having an expert registry consultant help you find all of the gifts you most desire. Your consultant will be a pro at knowing what's what and can direct you to any new items you may want or upgrades to your old and janky stuff you've been wanting to replace.
I'd recommend making an appointment just in case it's a more crowded time of year which you can actually do online! Once you've created your registry online or in-store, you're free to add on to your list from either. It's so helpful for any of those last-minute items you forgot to add to your registry, like those faux fur pillows you forgot.
Bed Bath and Beyond even hosts fun evening events called Rock Your Registry which offer expert registry assistance while you enjoy free food, drinks, and gifts. Make a party of it — goodie bags, y'all! It's just another way to take the pain out of wedding planning and inject some fun.
Here are a few more reasons why Bed Bath and Beyond goes the extra mile to make registering easy and fun:
- A killer selection including exclusive brands like Wamsutta®, Artisanal Kitchen Supply®, and Olivia and Oliver® (who is launching new table linens soon!). Plus, they just have so many of the top brands that you'll always be able to find what you need.
- Not sure what you need? Feel like you already have everything? In-store expert registry consultants are there to help you find upgrades and unexpected items to add to your wish list.
- After your wedding, any remaining items on your registry can be purchased at a 20% discount! This means that not only can you snag any items left over, but they'll be cheaper! Score.
- Bed Bath and Beyond has thousands of stores so it'll be super easy for your guests to find a store to browse or they can always just buy it right online. They can have it gift-wrapped, price matched, and you get the peace of mind that you can easily return items and have a tracked list of gifts to make thank-you notes easy.
- You can even get FREE gifts if your guests purchase certain brands from your list. Bonus gifts are never a bad thing.
- Check out even more registry features here if you're not convinced.
The in-store experience
Back to our adventure! Once we got to the store for our appointment, we were greeted by our registry consultant who introduced us to some tools that would help us along the way: the checklist (to keep us organized in our planning), the online quick picks and buying guides to browse for ideas and tips, and even a video guestbook and personalized invitations to really get the ball rolling. There was a ton more fun to this process than we anticipated. I pretty much assumed that a wedding registry would be a challenge, but so far it was all about making things easy, online-friendly, and actually a great time.
We wanted some high quality staples (looking at you, new stick vacuum and immersion blender!), but also some fun items since we're geeky weirdos like you. Thankfully, Bed Bath and Beyond is very offbeat-friendly. Just wait until you see me in the Wizarding World section. Yep: there's a Wizarding World section!
Our registry picks!
It got SUPER fun once we got started on adding items to our registry. We started this in-store and then continued to add online. It was EASY. I know you're so ready to see what we added to our list, so I've got a few shots of us being gooftastic in the store and a few where we got our grubby hands on them to use in our home.
Geeky & fun stuff
We spent a lot of time in the geekier sections (Harry Potter, video gaming, etc.) so we had to add a few of those to the list. I know our younger guests will be totally down to buy us fun stuff. This is especially nice if you're already pretty established and don't need quite as many starter housewares. It's not just kitchen and bath here — there's that whole “beyond” section that does not disappoint.
Then we started using a few of our gifts in our house, too. Here are some peeks…
We wanted a bit of a breakfast in bed vibe, so we decided to stock up on coffee, cereal, and condiment items to make breakfast into an event. The Chemex® Pour Over Coffee Maker is especially amazing and popular for a reason.
Kitchen & household essentials
For the kitchen, I wanted to get a couple of blending tools to complement breakfast (and every other meal!). Smoothies, on-the-go drinks, and soups will never be the same around here. After that it was all about tools we just happened to need: containers, measuring cups, some decor items, and other miscellaneous items that you need around the house. Oh, and there's that Dyson stick vacuum I mentioned earlier! It's so handy since it's cordless, lightweight, and turns into a handheld vacuum in seconds.
We were so pleased with the experience registering with Bed Bath and Beyond and definitely suggest going online to start your registry and to make an appointment to see what they have in-store with an expert.
Bonus: we'll be taking over the Bed Bath & Beyond Instagram account over the summer to share even more fun wedding-y goodness with you all. Follow along and watch that space!
Learn even more about the Bed Bath & Beyond registry experience here:
- Heirloom Wedding Registry Ideas from Bed Bath & Beyond via Love Inc.
- Top Wedding Registry Must Haves from Bed Bath & Beyond via Burgh Brides
- How to style your dining room with your Bed Bath & Beyond wedding registry from Tidewater and Tulle