Self-catered, at-home, handmade dress, homemade food? Yep, this is one wedding that knows how to DIY.
Rachel and Ari were set on having a very small and intimate beach wedding in Seattle with only close friends and family (less than 20 total!). They used a local park's beach and their own apartment rooftop to save on venue costs and make everything personal. Plus, the beach provided perfect views of the mountains, the water, and the city. They decided to get married the day before at city hall and just have a small ceremony with no officiant on the beach before their rooftop party. It was one of a few breaks from tradition that caused some friction with family, but it was worth it to have the personal details they loved.
Their parents cooked freshly caught salmon and gluten-free side dishes. Though they had a rain back-up plan (a nearby beer hall for brats and German beer), they didn't need it since it turned out to be a lovely Seattle day. The best part? Rachel and her maid of honor made and hand-dyed Rachel's blue dress out of silk (always a challenge!). It turned out fabulously.
- Photography: Lionlady Photography
- Flowers: Pike Place Market
- Dress Fabric and Dye: Dharma Trading Company
- Dress Patterns: Marfy and Vintage Pattern on eBay
- Shop Earrings: StrandandSoul Jewelry
- Groom's Ring: Jewelry by Johan
- Bride's Stone: Pristine Gemstone Jewelry
- Bride's Ring: Robbins Brothers Engagement Rings
- Maid of Honor's Dress: ASOS