When Alicia and Andrew planned their re-commitment ceremony, Alicia wanted a twist on the traditional sand ceremony. So she came up with “The Baking Ceremony.” Their wedding planner, Josh of MarriedByJosh.com, shared with us the details of this delicious unity ceremony…
Ingredients (for a lasting marriage):
- Besan flour: a healthy foundation
- Sugar: for romance, joy and happiness
- Guar gum: to stop us from crumbling
- Pinch of salt: the salt of the earth to symbolize wisdom and friendship
- Walnuts: for laughter and humour (How do you make a Walnut laugh? You crack it up…)
- Baking soda: to help us rise above the tough times
- Cinnamon: adding spice of life to the marriage
- Egg: to bind us together through the tough times (represented by the Amazonite)
- Butter: to enhance all forms of love including self-love, paternal love, unconditional love and romantic love (represented by the rose quartz)
- Stir together all the ingredients and bake in a warm and happy home for as long as we both shall live.
- When the contents in this jar begin to spoil, it is a symbol to spend some time to refresh our marriage and refill the jar with new ingredients.