Recent Blog Posts
- Silver wedding shoes for brides, grooms, and everyone else
- Mihaela & Mitko's two-part Paris-themed Bulgarian wedding
- The DIY Art Nouveau wedding invitation books that you'll want to keep forever on your shelf
- Come to the Hard Rock for this nerd-glam wedding, stay for the s'mores bar
- Courtney & Sam's colorful hip-hop garden party
- The 3 dark wedding industry secrets I unearthed at a mainstream bridal show
- Feel the ocean breeze at a Chinese-inspired wedding in a Hawaiian jungle
- Carlee & Daniel's crafty Firefly chic wedding
- Get your head-to-toe vintage wedding look from The Wardrobe Shop
- Steal this super-simple wedding ceremony script
Top Posts of All Time
- First dance songs that haven't been done to death
- "Here Comes the Bride" alternatives for ALL kinds of processionals
- The F word
- Non-sappy father/daughter dance songs
- No, he doesn't wear a ring
- The unplugged wedding: couples tell guests to put down their devices
- This is your last chance to run: why commitment comedy falls flat for me
- Duplicate It Yourself: the dark side of DIY
- Non-floral wedding centerpieces
- The best decision I made in my marriage? Keeping my name.
At 7:02 AM on The 3 dark wedding industry secrets I unearthed at a mainstream bridal show, Puhleez said:
"I love this blog but MAN do I ever not want you to make any money."
At 6:33 AM on Come to the Hard Rock for this nerd-glam wedding, stay for the s'mores bar, Valerie said:
I'd love to know how the s'mores bar worked, that's awesome!
At 6:13 AM on This bride got married in the shirt she wore on her first date with her husband, Jamie said:
"She deserves a dress that reflects that." I think she has one. See the pictures above. ...
We launched on January 1st, 2007 to support the release of Seattle author Ariel Meadow Stallings' book, Offbeat Bride: Creative Alternatives for Independent Brides.
We update every weekday with tons of inspiration & advice for couples trying to build weddings full of intention and personality.