Recent Blog Posts
- Is it possible to have a feminist wedding?
- Animals, artwork, and Wonder Woman: Mother's Day gifts for the amazing momthulhus in our lives
- Eat this visual feast: a rockstar groom and his spike-heeled bride at the Biltmore
- Rhiannon & Alex's communal home-brew camp wedding
- Cards Against Matrimony: a game for the snark-loving bachelorette party
- A Washington wedding weekend with a sweet circle ceremony
- Use a sharpie to show where your ring is going
- Carly & Mike's elephant-themed wedding at the museum
- Time Warping, happy dads, and much celebrating with Liz Daley Events — the Virginia DJ who doesn't suck
- Who the hell cares: important lessons from partners who aren't as interested in wedding planning
Top Posts of All Time
- First dance songs that haven't been done to death
- "Here Comes the Bride" alternatives for ALL kinds of processionals
- The F word
- Non-sappy father/daughter dance songs
- No, he doesn't wear a ring
- The unplugged wedding: couples tell guests to put down their devices
- This is your last chance to run: why commitment comedy falls flat for me
- Duplicate It Yourself: the dark side of DIY
- The best decision I made in my marriage? Keeping my name.
- Non-floral wedding centerpieces
At 5:29 PM on Eating is as important as underwear: 6 ways to improve your dress shopping experience, terri r. said:
and to the family members and friends – especially moms – go with an open mind as well...
At 5:14 PM on Eat this visual feast: a rockstar groom and his spike-heeled bride at the Biltmore, Christie C said:
I love everything about this wedding. I normally like certain aspects of weddings. But I love every...
At 4:49 PM on Is it possible to have a feminist wedding?, Rachel said:
Heyyyy fellow Catholic feminist! *fistbump* I think you are right that internal consistency is much...
We launched on January 1st, 2007 to support the release of Seattle author Ariel Meadow Stallings' book, Offbeat Bride: Creative Alternatives for Independent Brides.
We update every weekday with tons of inspiration & advice for couples trying to build weddings full of intention and personality.