Congratulations on your engagement!
My name is Ariel and I'll be your partner in crime as you navigate the wilds of planning your wedding, wherever it may be on the offbeat spectrum. Take a deep breath and let Offbeat Bride hold your hand and stave off that impending bridentity crisis.
Here's how to get started with your wedding planning and Offbeat Bride:
- Snag a copy of Offbeat Bride the book.
Oh and here's why you should buy the book and not just read the website.
- Print out the official offbeat checklist.
The checklist is also built into our private forum, but more about that later.
- Start designing your wedding website.
- Get social with us on Facebook, Pinterest, or Twitter.
(Or RSS, if that's your thing)
- Join our private forum, the Offbeat Bride Tribe.
It's a private forum/social network to share your wedding planning adventures.
- Set your avatar to appear with your blog comments.
We LOVE blog comments and they're a big part of how we build community around here. Join in!
- Help us fix typos by reporting them.
- Subscribe to our newsletter to get Offbeat Bride blog posts in your inbox every morning:
- Read a few Offbeat Bride manifestos.
They'll help you get a feel for what this site is really all about.
If you only read one post on this site, read this one!
- Immerse yourself in the Offbeat Bride gallery.
It's filled with over 25,000 photos of real offbeat weddings, with new photos added every day!
- Dive into our topical tag archives. At the end of every post, you'll find a list of topic tags. Click them to read more posts about that topic, or explore them all.
- Find vendors in your area in our international Offbeat Vendors Guide. We'll help you find vendors who love offbeat brides, even if you live in a tiny conservative town.
- Search Offbeat Bride to find what you need.
Use Offbeat Bride's built in search to find local wedding inspiration, or your wedding's theme. You'll find a search box at the top of the sidebar on every page of offbeatbride.com.
- Get your partner involved! For grooms, that could mean emailing him about offbeat groom posts, or encouraging him to join the Tribe.
- Read back in the offbeat archives.
Filled with seven years of inspiration, the archives are full of great topics like wedding advice, ideas to steal, wedding fashion, and perhaps the most useful of all: PERSPECTIVE. (Seriously: if you're freaking out, click here for a reality check.)
And finally … don't forget to take a deep breath and appreciate the awesomeness of love and commitment. Planning a wedding doesn't have to be high drama or terrifying — it can be fun and awesome. We're here to help with that.