How to write your wedding vows
We've got a ton of great posts about writing your wedding vows, and more generally, how to structure your ceremony. Check out a few of these:
- How to write heartfelt, sniffle-worthy wedding vows: five quick tips to making the magic happen.
- Wedding Ceremony 101: A brilliant primer on how to build a ceremony from scratch that reflects you and your partner
- 5 steps to getting over your wedding vow writer's block: Ugh, writing important things is HARD!
- Wedding vows for blended families: Great ideas for involving kids from prior relationships in your wedding
Cute twists on vows
Because sometimes you just want to make your vows feel a little bit off-kilter, y'know? Here are a few ideas…
- Nerd up your vows with a little audience participation (because isn't "…AND MY AXE!" perfect for a wedding ceremony?)
- How to make your own Mad Libs wedding vows
- Seal your vows with a pinkie-swear!
- Do rock-paper-scissors to see who does their vows first.
Examples of other people's vowsWhen it comes to writing your vows, sometimes you just need to glean a little inspiration from the Offbeat Brides who've come before you:
- Steal These Vows: Dozens of examples of amazing vows in real offbeat weddings.
- So many vow examples on our Ceremony ideas and wedding vows repository board on Pinterest.
- Pages and pages and pages of real offbeat weddings featuring the couples' real vows: read our vows archive!