Once in a great while, celebrities take the offbeat road and we get to see fun alternatives like Mark Zuckerberg's backyard surprise wedding that caught us off guard with its fabulous simplicity. But on the other end of the spectrum, one of our amazing and talented vendors, Laura of Rebel Belle Weddings sent us this heart-stopping seafoam circus wedding from none other than actor, comedian, producer, writer, singer, dancer, candlestick-maker Dick Van Dyke and his bride, Arlene Silver-Van Dyke. With our Empire-wide love of all things octopus (and oooh-shiny things in general), we were basically this, followed closely by this.
Prepare yourself for contortionists, jugglers, a circus barker (with giant tentacle hat, natch), gobs of feathers, hula hoops, faux dancing bears, electric jellyfish, an epic first duet, and the cutest darn couple this side of unda da sea!
The pair's friend Bryan (and Dick's co-performer in their a capella singing group, The Vantastix) officiated.
Watch the hilarious "first duet": singing "Old Fashioned Wedding" from Annie Get Your Gun (with both of them sounding totally era-appropriate):
Here's one more vid, this time of the bride's brother's toast, which includes references to the invitation's glitter bomb, the duds she dated before Dick, and even a Chuck Norris reference:
Oh, just a couple of electric jellyfish busting it out.
For any of you planning a theme similar to this gorgeous madness, check out Arlene's Pinterest inspiration board, which is basically the Holy Grail of vintage nautical circus pastel undersea whimsy.
You know there were some super talented vendors involved in this (the Seafoam Circus Event Team!):
- Event Design: King Dahl Event Design
- Event Coordination: Rebel Belle Weddings
- Entertainment and Performers: Milestone Productions, Inc.
- Catering: Monrose Catering
- Tent, Lighting & Event Rentals: Classic Party Rentals
- Graphics and Custom Artwork: Pop Ink
- Octopus-theme graphics: Etsy seller EphemeraAndMore
- Photography: Rawtography
- Videography: Pivotal Media
- Makeup and Hair: Jessica de Ben
- Bride's gown: Renee Strauss
- Bride's shoes: Under the Sea Wedding Shoes by Kristie Ann Couture via Advantage Bridal
- Clutch: Dove Grey Ostrich Wedding Clutch from Sara C. Accessories
- Octopus Cake Stand: BHLDN.com
- Officiant: Bryan Chadima
- Harpist: Brooke Weller
- Circus Barker: Scott Froschauer
- Electric Jellyfish: Scott Froschauer and Kymber Blake
This post features Offbeat Vendors! Check out their vendor listing to see how they cater to Offbeat Brides: