Everything about this photo that was uploaded to our Flickr pool made me full of happy. First of all, it's a damn impressive shot from Offbeat Bride vendor Lakshal Perera. Second, that's Tribesmaid Tashio. And third, Tashio's description of this fabulous moment in wedding photography went thusly:
"Victory of awesome. 19/1/13 The happiest day of my life — not only marrying my man but being surrounded by PURPLENESS."
There must have been something in y'alls water this week, because we got a LOT of these victorious moments of awesome. From pulling off the holding-a-drink-and-bouquet-whilst-hugging maneuver, to a little friendly competition between newlyweds. To the victor go the spoils of this week's reader photos…
Rob and Rachel had a pinball and pie wedding and HAD to take a bride and groom pinball game photo. I have to say, winner be damned: Rachel just scored a shit ton of points with me for that amazing dress.
I've got to give it up to this photo of wedding triple fisting perfection? Champagne AND bouquet in one hand, and hugging someone with the other. I take my hat off to you, Madam.
The smiles, the light, the dress, the fact that this is the first entire bridal party on a carousel photo I've ever seen. GORGEOUS!
Chenoa and Valerie were victorious against the tsunami evacuation horn that interrupted their Oahu wedding reception. They just packed up their wedding pies and board games and had a tsunami slumber party on their photographer (Jon from One Love Photo) grandparent's lanai and the party continued on into the next day.
The only thing that could possibly make this "victory of awesome" roundup even MORE victorious is if we had a photo of a couple exiting their ceremony to their college fight song. Oh look! These newly married Texas Tech graduates did EXACTLY that. You guys are awesome.
- How to collect guests' addresses using Postable.
- Offbeat Bride reader HiLLjO sent us a link to her Pinterest board full of pink and black wedding ideas with a BioShock twist.
- Wedding is coming: Geekologie got wind of some Game of Thrones wedding invitations
- "Joints: A perfectly legal addition to your wedding feast." Photographer Jenny Jimenez shows us Seattle's weekly paper The Stranger's first wedding edition. The titles are all amazing and remind me of my next clicky link…
- The imaginary titles of really terrible Offbeat Empire posts!
- I posted a little treat for y'all over on Offbeat Families in which I write about how you don't need kids to start a family.
- And we're talking about even MORE kinds of love on Offbeat Home: I am a straight, twenty-something woman. And so is my girlfriend.
Want to see yourself in our Reader Round-up? Submit your photos to the Offbeat Bride Flickr Pool. (Oh, and don't forget to credit your photographer!)