Unity candles, unity sand ceremonies, unity salt ceremonies, unity cocktails, and now the UNITY SANDWICH! Rachel and her groom decided that the ever-popular sammich was the ideal metaphor for their marriage.
Here are the layers and their meanings:
- Bread: The foundation that represents trust and communication
- Meat: Representing strength from protein
- Colby Jack cheese: Representing two families coming together like the mixed cheese
- Tomato: Rachel says, "Is it a fruit? Is it a vegetable? It's technically a fruit, but it's still weird and confusing… so tomatoes represent conflict." HA!
- Lettuce: Pulled from the head, it represents the dreams they share
- Mayo and mustard: Adding flavor and excitement to the marriage