The Offbeat Flickr Pool gave us some very cool invitations plus some handmade steampunk jewelry, paisley tights, public transit fun, and geeky mini flags.
Check out this fantastic save-the-date luggage tags for Aida and Joe's Hawaiian destination wedding. It's Hawaiian-inspired, but also rocks that vintage look.
Here's another piece from the same invitation suite. These are their thank-you cards with a custom illustration of the couple tandem surfing. It is kitsch-fantastic!
Leah and Charles printed their own invitations with scrap mat board and a letterpress. Now that's handy, and a nice change of pace from the digital world.
Moving on from the invitation porn, here is a lovely bridesmaid in steampunk-inspired jewelry made by the bride herself. And declare your love with me for that mini top hat. So sweet.
Purple paisley pantyhose! Preposterous! Or, actually, gorgeous. Erin and Heidi's winter wedding was in Vermont, so layers were a necessity.
Here's another shot of Erin and Heidi riding high in a snow groomer in their boots and woolies. Chilly, but cute.
Dina and Desiree have strong feelings about the need for a piñata at a wedding. I'm taking it one step further — piñatas at all occasions!
Dina and Desiree also took a fun and geeky route with their mini flags by including emoticons for their guests. I love how the colors pop on the rocks.
This week's Clicky Links:
- What we've pinned this week: a vintage luggage card box, DIY ombre garland, and fluffy ruffle cupcakes.
- Offbeat Home has a very cool couple saving money with a staycation at home. Budget honeymoon, anyone?
- New York's same-sex couples begin saying "I do" since the law went into effect on Sunday.
- Comic Book Therapy posted this video from San Diego Comic Con of a cosplaying couple getting engaged Captain America-style.
- Offbeat Mama readers are answering the question of how to stay active as a family. Definitely something to consider for newlyweds.
- Learn how to craft rolled paper flowers at Instructables.
Hey, photographers! I love you and do my best to attribute all Monday Montage photos, but sometimes brides don't include your info when they submit photos. If I've featured your work but it isn't properly credited, email me!