Every week I gawk at all of the insanely great photos in the Offbeat Bride Flickr pool. You guys always kill it. Just when I think weddings can't get any cooler, y'all make arches out of light-sabers, have dresses with epic trains, and just look so damn good.
Heidi and her man tied the (hand-fasting) knot on the Aran Islands in Ireland. I'm lovin' the bride-in-pants look that Heidi is rocking. Flowy tunic + white pants = YES PLEASE.
OMG. Can we all just take a second to appreciate the bottom of CJ's dress? That skirt is amazing! Jess is one lucky lady. Stayed tuned to get their full wedding profile later this week.
Kimberly and her partner had an Alice In Wonderland-themed wedding. I love their mini top-hats and the Alice look-alike.
Holy shit. The back of this dress is royally epic.
I love the flower belt, orange accessories, and bouquet action happening in this shot. Tres chic.
Green shoes abound!
Lab coats and capes AND light-sabers, OH MY! Stephanie and her husband aren't afraid to show their geeky side.
Ben and Ella's friends joined in on their first dance. They formed a line and skipped to Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros' "Home."
Joe and Chrystine got married at the Waxahachie Scarborough Faire. I adore the wreath of silver flowers and ribbons in Chrystine's hair.
This week's Clicky Links:
- Sink your teeth in these fantastic Firefly cupcakes.
- What is with these gamer geeks and their amazing proposals!? Last week Ang linked me to this Super Mario Bros-themed proposal AND a proposal, delivered by Borderlands' comedy-reliefbot Claptrap.
- Two words (well, one's more like an abbreviation, but cut me some slack): OMG shoes. Hot Etsy shoes, courtesy of Dootsiebug.
- Offbeat Home readers have offered up their tips on how to decorate bland spaces that could work just as easily on blank canvas wedding venues.
- Just for funsies, this is quite possibly my favorite post on Offbeat Mama, nay, my favorite piece of Ariel-writing EVAR.
Hey, photographers! I love you and do my best to attribute all Monday Montage photos, but sometimes brides don't include your info when they submit photos. If I've featured your work but it isn't properly credited, email me!