Once upon a time, there was a website called Offbeat Bride. In celebration of National Library Week, the editors of Offbeat Bride went on a quest to find bookish brides and grooms. They were very excited to learn that they weren't the only bookworms in town. Here's what they found on their quest… (P.S. Check out the posts on Offbeat Mama and Offbeat Home too.)
Hey, Kris and Nateasa, you're not foolin' me. I know what's going on behind that book, you tricksy little hobbitses.
Jessica and her man had their wedding in the Grand Marais Library. After the ceremony they went for a romp in the stacks.
Melissa caught up on some important reading before her ceremony.
Instead of bouquets, Kim had her bridesmaids carry a bundle of books and crepe paper roses down the aisle.
Books don't just have to be used for props and decorations. This crafty couple turned their books into a stand for their cupcakes!
Katie and Aaron had their wedding party take turns reading excerpts from A Lovely Love Story during their wedding ceremony.
Jenny's mom made this gorgey paper bouquet from the book Enchantment by Orson Scott Card, a book Jenny's partner Adam recommended when they were first dating.
Our intern Becca and her man Adam love libraries in a major way, so they had a post-ceremony rendezvous in the nearby library.
This week's Clicky Links:
- Thanks to Cassy for sending me a link to this fucking incredible bone necklace. I want it. NOW!
- Inspired by the book, The Lost Art of Walking, this couple is planning on trekking 2500 miles from their home in Michigan to their wedding in Las Vegas. Amazeballs! (Thanks, Sabrina.)
- Megan's take on this incredible cosplay wedding video: "I don't understand what's happening AT ALL, but I understand that it's cool." (Thanks, Amanda!)
- Here are nine traditional wedding foods from around the world. Yummers?
- Over at Offbeat Home, Ms. Elizabeth explores some covert ways to add a little spice to your marital bedroom — or at least the doorway of the bedroom.
Hey, photographers! I love you and do my best to attribute all Monday Montage photos, but sometimes brides don't include your info when they submit photos. If I've featured your work but it isn't properly credited, email me!