Let me preface this with two things…
- First, I have never been the type to want to be immortalized in my unmentionables (i.e., I never thought I would want to get photographed in my undies before). It wasn't something that I had been dying to do all my life.
- Second, I am a plus-size girl who is not altogether comfortable with her body and who consistently has some self-love issues.
That being said, let me tell you why you (yes, YOU) should consider boudoir photography…
This past Saturday I had a boudoir shoot with Seattle Boudoir Photography and it was honestly the most liberating experience of my life. I was nervous and apprehensive going into it. I've never been completely comfortable with my body, and even less so now that I am in my 30s and have stretch marks and scars and even some lovely VEINS that mark who I am and where I've been throughout the past 32 years. I kept having the thought in my head that these people who would see me half-naked would be completely grossed out and would be disappointed that they could not make me look decent in any photos.
Boy, was I wrong.
I got to spend 2 hours with amazing people who, very honestly and sincerely, thought that I looked beautiful, and did everything they could to make sure that I knew it. And not only KNEW it, but FELT it, too. Nobody ever once looked at me and said, "Oh, I sure wish you were thinner," or "Wow, those stretch marks really take away from this photo." What I heard instead was, "Oh, you have killer boobs!" and "You look so hot in that pose, for real!" I could NOT believe my ears. And really, that was all it took for me to suddenly realize this:
I'm freakin' HOT!
It doesn't matter about size or scars or weight or anything. What matters is how you FEEL. And I have never been more amazed at how comfortable I could be with myself.
So. If you can swing it, you should totally consider boudoir photography because:
- You get to be comfortable in your own body, even if you were already.
- Lots of people complimenting you and telling you how hot you look!
- Did I mention the wonders it does for your self-esteem?
- It's an excuse to buy really cute lingerie.
- Again — what better way to encourage self-love?
Oh and if you're wondering, "But what will I actually DO with the boudoir photos?," Offbeat Home & Life has the answer to that.